The computer seems to be running normally.
TFC(Temp File Cleaner):
- Please download TFC to your desktop,
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Right-click TFC.exe and select Run as Administrator to run the program.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left of TFC
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
I advice you consider keeping TFC on your desktop after I give the all clear and run it say at least once per week as it is a very effective piece of software for cleaning out temp' files etc.
ESET Online Scanner:
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
Vista users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Please go here to run the scan...
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then right click on it and select Run as Administrator to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is Not checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.