Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox search URL invalid

• Please log in to reply

LegginMF1

LegginMF1

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi Guys,
I am having a problem with FF search. I have been on FF help for a week and none of the their fixes are solving the problem.
When I start FF and type let's say "what color is a horse" or "pictures of puppies" It says "url is invalid". I have done everything on the FF help site, change this and that from true to false, reset this, turn that off etc... It only works until I restart again and then the problem is back. So every time I start the computer, I have to start FF > Help > Troubleshoot > Reset Firefox. Then it works normal until I restart the computer again. I am using FF 19.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You are using Firefox version 19?

This does not exist and the latest version is 1.1

LegginMF1

LegginMF1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Firefox> Help > About Firefox >
Firefox 19.0.2 You are currently on the Release update channel

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I do apologise as I was looking at something else entirely.

Have you tried uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it?

LegginMF1

LegginMF1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes, I have installed and re-installed. I spent several days on the FF help pages talking with them. They can't fix it or figure it out. Even if I go into about:config and change the settings and string values it will not save the changes once I shut down the computer. I have ran malware, spybot, superanti spyware and of Avast, they are finding nothing (under the premise that my browser is being hijacked). It's a minor problem really, except I have like 50 folders of old firefox data on my desktop from resetting it every time I open it.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Try downloading this to remove every aspect of Firefox and once done so reinstall it via a new FF download.

http://download.cnet...4-10687648.html

LegginMF1

LegginMF1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
That seems to have worked. Thank You!

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hey that's great to hear Leggin, thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup: