Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chitka Popups [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sybil

Sybil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have scanned your last post, and I will follow through with everything tomorrow and will report back.

Any idea why my computer is so slow tonight and why I am getting that message about this form?

Also, when I open internet explorer and I am waiting for the homepage to open (which is taking forever), this is at the bottom:

http://us-ads.openx...._NUMBER_HERE...

Do I need to save my pennies and buy a MAC?

I will check back in tomorrow after I have gone through your last post. It will be late because Wednesday is always my 12-hour day at my two jobs.

Guess I should be glad that I am able to work three jobs at my age. :-)

Thanks,

Sybil

Advertisements

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello Sybil

I would like you to go to this page - Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode

Step 1 is going to show you how to run IE without any add/ons, If by running IE this way the problem goes away Then we can go to step 2

Step 2 will show you how to find the add/on that is causing the problem and then how to remove it

Gringo

Sybil

Sybil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi, Gringo! It will be tonight before I finish everything. Please keep this forum open until I can give you one final report.

Thank you. Sybil

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
no problem and I will be looking for you

gringo

Sybil

Sybil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Gringo, I think I have completed everything. I still have some programs on my desktop:
1. Hijack This
2. adwcleaner
3. Blitz Blank
4. File Assasin

Also, my computer works really well when I run it with add-ons disabled.

Gringo, I am a Christian, and I just don't want to end our forum without telling you that I pray that you know the grace and love of Jesus. It is that love that keeps me going because I have a Friend who will never leave me or forsake me. I am not talking about religion but a relationship with a loving Savior. While I am here on earth, He gives me abundant life and when I die I will spend an eternity with Him. Believe me, Gringo, if Jesus can love me unconditionally, he can love anybody.

Just had to tell you that.

Sweet Blessings and Many, Many Thanks!

Sybil

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

Anything that is left over only needs to be deleted and thank you very much and you are more than welcome.

And yes I do know the love of Jesus and I cherish it everyday

Gringo

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.