Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS eeePC 1005PEB has an orange tint to the screen! HELP!

• Please log in to reply

error1984

error1984

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an ASUS eeePC 1005PEB and all of a sudden elements that should display on the screen as black, now show up orange! On occasion the orange elements will swirl and wave slightly, especially while I switch from one window to another window. I've had this same issue arise before and resolved it by re-installing the OS (Windows 7 Starter). I coincidentally had a OS booting issue at the time but once I re-installed the OS, both problems were fixed. I used to think they were related issues but with the second occurrence of this screen problem, I no longer think its related because the OS has no problems booting up.

Here's what others were saying online through tutorials and other forums...

-Some say it a driver issue, specifically the directX drivers. (I've updated them and no result)
-Some say it's a hardware issue, specifically an issue with either the physical wiring of the screen itself or an issue so severe it requires complete replacement of the screen. (This, I cannot afford)
-Some also say that it's a BIOS issue. (Which I don't know enough about BIOS to say that's likely)

Now, I'd say it's starting to lean toward screen replacement after reading about this issue online, however I figured I'd run it past the infinite genius of the internet first to see if there's a less costly way!

Any assistance will be appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Advertisements