Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"press ctrl+f to enter raid option rom utility".

• Please log in to reply

PanzerDude92

PanzerDude92

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I turn the PC off and the back on, it starts to boot, but then I get a black screen with "press ctrl+f to enter raid option rom utility". Pressing ctrl+f does nothing and the computer is stuck in a rebooting loop! Please help!

Advertisements

PanzerDude92

PanzerDude92

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Any help at all is much appreciated. My Nanny (grandmother) just passed away not too long ago...there were some great, happy pictures of her on that pc and oh my gosh I'm going to die a little inside if I can't ever look at them again. :( Please help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: PanzerDude92

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Once we have the requested information we can attempt to secure the data on the HDD.

As an asides PanzerDude92, we understand that computer problems can be stressful and especially when important data is at risk of being lost but please do not bump your topic as it will appear to others that can help you that you are already receiving assistance as the board will show that your OP has received a reply and your request for help may then get overlooked.

PanzerDude92

PanzerDude92

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks a lot for the help, truly appreciated! And sorry about the double post, I didn't mean to. Anyways...my PC is a:

-Desktop Computer
Brand: HP Pavillion
Model: p6531p
Serial: 4CE0221T7V

if you would at any point like me to provide screenshots of anything that's going on I most certainly can :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the computer details :thumbsup:

Restart the computer then follow the steps from #2 onwards http://windows.micro...d-configuration

If no joy try restoring the MBs default settings in case of a bad setting, restart the computer and press the F1, F10, or F11 key to enter the BIOS (different computers use different keys) some HP computers may allow access to the BIOS using the F2 or Esc keys, once in the BIOS look for the option to restore the default settings, save and exit and see if the computer will boot.

Going offline now as it has gone midnight here in the UK and I have work in a few hours, I will check back asap but someone else may chime in meanwhile.