Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

artifacting and AMD driver stopping&recovering

• Please log in to reply

sajinsama

sajinsama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
PC Health Status in BIOS

CPU core voltage: 3.344v

3.3v: 3.344

5v: 5.107

12v: 12.232

So, should I be relieved or more worried?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
To try and determine if it is the Ram stick that is bad or the memory slot on the MB run memtest overnight with the Ram stick in a second slot.

Note that as you only have one stick of Ram it should normally be inserted in DIMM slot 4 on the MB, if that is the slot that has been used for the test that the Ram has just failrd insert the Ram in DIMM slot 2 for the second run of memtest.

CPU core voltage: 3.344v

Can you please double check and confirm this reading for us please.

Just to reiterate;

NB: BIOS voltage readings.

The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

sajinsama

If you have something to add while you are waiting for a reply can you use the edit tab please, this will ensure that nothing is overlooked (note that your memtest results are on page 1 and could have been missed) + it does not fill up peoples inbox, thank you for understanding.

sajinsama

sajinsama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've double checked again and the CPU core voltage is fluctuating at 1.480/1.488

Also, I apologize for the double postings.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

I've double checked again and the CPU core voltage is fluctuating at 1.480/1.488
This shows it to be within tolerance,

Also, I apologize for the double postings.
Thanks for understanding.

Have you run memtest again with the Ram stick in either slot 2 or 4 as appropriate and if so what was the result please.

If you need to replace the Ram please refer to the MBs QVL (see below) to ensure that you purchase Ram that has been verified as functioning correctly with the MB http://www.msi.com/f...t/TR10_2408.pdf

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

sajinsama

sajinsama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yeah. Got similar errors with DIMM4. Snagging some new RAM today. I've looked at the list and will look for those brands.

Once I put it in, i'll give you an update.

I want to thank you again for your time and your very kind help. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the update sajinsama, I am sorry that it is not better news though :(

I will look out for your next update and any questions please ask.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

sajinsama

sajinsama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Got new ram. Played a full day.

No driver crashes what so ever.

Thanks again man.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod