Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Partition Magic

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
:tazz: When I set Partition Magic to do a task it restarts my computer but it does not do the task. it says that it can not open xmnt 2002
;)

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
... roll the dice... Not snake eyes!!! Oh, wait... this isnt las vegas... sorry :tazz:

Well, to be more helpful, i did a little research and partition magic, namely partition magic 8, seems to be takin some flak from users about this same thing, namely that its not being found, or missing or something in the chkdisk, but thier problems are generally along the lines of harddrives where they have multiple operating systems along with some problems about linux systems, which i think they said that is, i might be mistaken but perhaps if you can google that file for a downloadable version you might be able to replace it in whatever windows or program folder it belongs in, another solution might be found if you reinstall the program, several issues have arrisen involving checking whether you have xp or 2000 as the primary operating system, i assume you dont have linux caus thats just not MS friendly ;) , and to taht extent if you only have xp on thier you shouldnt have thier problems either which you havnt mentioned.
This means that you might want to make sure you also dont have any system admin issues in the way and make sure you have no problems that might interfere with files or any network/user stuff in the system services area of the admin commands of the control panel. This is about as much as i really paid attention to as my eyes were glazed over through most of it

Edited by Destructo Roboto, 07 June 2005 - 03:02 AM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I sill can't do it the normal way but if any body else has this problem try making a flopy (useing partition magic) and booting form that and use it to run Partition Magic in a sized down version. :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
so you made floppies and ran partition magic from them and it worked? That would have been my suggestion.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The problem with floppy is you don't have all the tools. But there is one big advantage that makes this of little importance and that is you can ues the floppys when you have no operating system as I found out the three days ago when my computer died and I had to reinstall every thing. But first I partition out my hard drive. Glad I had all my documentsbacked up. :tazz: