Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDMI sound issues

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I think it is worth giving this a try

http://www.realtek.c...3&GetDown=false

agree and choose

32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8 Driver only (Executable file)R2.70

or 64 bits as applies

ensuring you select the correct one.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 23 March 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Advertisements

ChaoticLink

ChaoticLink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
There was a problem with the link.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Sorry do not know why they are not staying

http://www.realtek.c...3&GetDown=false

ChaoticLink

ChaoticLink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
still nothing. This is so frustrating. I wish i could remember what fixed it the last time.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Guess what - so do I

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Further back in the topic I queried about the Alienware version you had and you replied that it was NOT the R2

You then continued to say

I have the alienware m14xr1 with video as nvidia gt 555m and sound as realtek high def audio with creative sound blaster

now I will stand corrected but - is it not either realtek or sound blaster, rather than realtek with sound blaster

However the main purpose of this post is - appreciate it is not your dell but the principle is the same -

http://en.community....8/19969371.aspx

OR

any chance your laptop is using the Intel onboard graphics which do not of course have HDMI rather than the Nvidia - appreciate yours is not Vostro, but it does have both onboard Intel and Nvidia

"The Vostro has two integrated display cards; an ATI ( for lower power consumption) and an Nvidia. But only the Nvidia has HDMI Audio output. Every time I tried the HDMI with my wide-screen TV, I took the Vostro there but had it running on its battery. BINGO! The Power Option Plan switches from Nvidia to ATI when its unplugged to save power.
So as soon as I plugged it into the wall, the screen went momentarily black and then came back with the HDMI Audio as a alternative option for sound output. Furthermore, I was able to go into the Control Panel > Power option and change to my own custom plan to force the laptop to stay with Nvidia even though its running on its battery. Problem solved!"

Edited by Macboatmaster, 23 March 2013 - 05:40 PM.

ChaoticLink

ChaoticLink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
When i built the computer I added the sound blaster x-fi for an additional 60 or so dollars so i would have additional sound features. I will try the other thing you posted about I do have intel intergrated and nvidia dedicated i will see if i can poke and prod my alien fusion program and see if that might fix it but im not sure give me 10 mins

Edited by ChaoticLink, 23 March 2013 - 05:16 PM.

ChaoticLink

ChaoticLink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I FIXED IT!!! I removed all but one of the hi def audio drivers and clicked update they apparently weren't being recognized by my card even after being installed by normal methods STUPID CRAZY STUBBORN COMPUTERS lol now they show this. I am now gonna back my comp up using alien respawn :D thanks for all your help.

drivers.png

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am a little unsure who is the most pleased - you or me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Only joking :lol: :lol:

I was about to :surrender:

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Just before I leave you IMHO whatever else you use you cannot beat the Windows 8 system image and if the upgrade was online and you did not make the Windows 8 DVD and install from that on the upgrade, then the repair disc is also vital

Control Panel, Windows 7 file recovery - strangely named by Microsoft, because they designed a new system in 8 called file history - but the one I have pointed you to is the far easier to use

System Image on your external and Repair disc to boot from if you do not have the windows 8 dvd

Edited by Macboatmaster, 23 March 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Advertisements

ChaoticLink

ChaoticLink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Me and you both. I was fixing to pay 200 for a new warranty and tell dell to fix it i still might just to be safe. That and i seriously thought about re-installing windows 7 because windows 8 has been a pain in the *** on drivers and programs etc

ChaoticLink

ChaoticLink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The alienrespawn program i told you about does all that and more. It takes my comps image from right now programs and all and backs them up all i have to do is click restore and it will roll my entire comp back to todays date undoing everything that i have done to it

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
As you wish leave it with you. I did NOT suggest in place of it of course.