Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This program may not have installed properly - how do I delete what is

• Please log in to reply

jayjay23

jayjay23

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi folks!

I tried to install a program on my laptop but after a message saying the installation is complete, windows popped up with a message saying...

"This program may not have installed correctly." Then it gave me three options.

I chose the option to say it had installed.

Then I went to the program shortcut to run it and just got a small box popping up saying "windows is searching or (program name) or search yourself" - so I decided I would get rid of it and clicked on the uninstaller but got the same message again.

So how do I uninstll all of the bits that are left over from the failed install? Frustrating!

Many Tanks for reading...

Advertisements

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Hi jayjay23,

I personally prefer a free utility called Revo Uninstaller for removing a program in it's entirety. You can give that a shot if you feel comfortable.

jayjay23

jayjay23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks for the advice. Are there any freeware versions anyone can recommend? And is it something you would suggest I need to sort out or can I just delete the folders that appear in my start menu>programs?

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Sorry the link I gave you was to a confusing website. Try this one, it is freeware. Its the same program, but a previous version.

jayjay23

jayjay23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Cheers fellow for the new link.

Is it something I need to sort out or would you just delete the folders?

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Well what the program does it run the built-in program uninstaller. After, it sweeps for leftover files, folders, and registry items. I think with a moderate scan you should have some luck.

jayjay23

jayjay23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I tried the program, seems to have worked a treat - big thanks!