Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Plugging MacBook Pro HDD into my PC laptop

• Please log in to reply

Twinbird

Twinbird

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
If I removed the HDD from a MacBook Pro and plugged it into my PC laptop (running Windows 7) would it be recognized? I have an HDD-USB adapter I will use to do the job. I want to run a Windows file recovery program to try and get some files off the drive. I'm assuming it will work, I just want to be sure. Thanks.

**Edit** So I've discovered that Macs use HFS/HFS+/HFSX as their file system and Windows PCs can't recognize this, but I've also found the latest Windows drivers that will allow me to read files on this file system, so I guess I just answered my own question..

Anyway, in case anyone is interested in getting their PCs to read Mac drives, here is were I found the drivers: http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1368010 (scroll down to the last post).

Edited by Twinbird, 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Advertisements

Barpanda

Barpanda

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You can always give it a try and see.