Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer freezes when laying games....help! :(

• Please log in to reply

gurminder

gurminder

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
my computer freezes when playing games like nfs mw 2012. it freezes for 30-40 seconds and starts... :(

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: gurminder

Common causes of such issues include overheating, a power issue and a lack of resources such as video and/or system memory.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i have an assembled pc with gigabyte m68mts2 motherboard,amd athlon x2 250 cpu,and sapphire hd 6670 1gb ddr5 video card i have increased the fan speed from amd overdrive but nothing happended..... i cant play any game.. when i run the game its super smooth but after 1 minute of gameplay it freezes for 30-40 second and come back and again the same thing happens......and saome time the game cracks also..... :(

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
now it is also happening when i am playing hd videos.... :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Can you provide the following details for us;

The brand and model name or number of the PSU.
The amount of Ram that you have and again brand and name or number.

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok!! and the ram is 2gb of simmtronics.... and the psu is zebronics 450 watts

Edited by gurminder, 21 March 2013 - 08:11 AM.

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
here is the image

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
You have high temps and CPU usage + the +5V rail is too high (see PSU tolerance table below) .

Please run HWMonitor and provide a screenshot for us so that we have a comparison to Speedfan http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

NB: Can I ask you not to double post when waiting for a reply - use the edit tab if you have something to add, this will ensure that nothing gets overlooked + it does not fill up peoples inbox, thanks.

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
here it is

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled1.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
The +5V rail is again showing as being off so can you check the readings in the BIOS and post the details for us, it may be under a heading such as PC Health Status.

NB: BIOS voltage readings.

The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

Advertisements

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i didn't find that so i clicked a pic for u... :)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0434.jpg

Edited by gurminder, 23 March 2013 - 09:37 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Thanks for the screenshot :thumbsup:

The +3.3V rail is marginally low, there is no +5V rail showing and the +12V rail reading is ok, these readings can change dramatically though when the system is put under load such as gaming, if you can borrow a PSU for testing purposes it would help to rule the present PSU in or out as the cause of the lock ups.

As an asides I suggest that you enable the CPU fan warning sensors in the BIOS.

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thnx... but i can't borrow psu...there is no one from whom i can borrow the psu :(
there is any other way to solve?? :(
and 1 thing more my graphic card is changed one from the service centre
my old card was no working so they replaced it !! this problem was wid the previous one n wid the new crd also!! :(

Edited by gurminder, 23 March 2013 - 10:25 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
The only other option you have with the PSU is having a local tech store test it, many will do this free in the hope of making a sale should your PSU be bad, see my canned text below;

As a PSU puts out various voltages +3.3V, +5V and +12V it may appear that the PSU is working correctly but it is not, any significant drop of any output can prevent the system from booting up, the other scenario is a significant increase in the output which can be worse as it can fry one or more major components such as the MB, CPU, Ram, add on video card etc.

Please be aware that there are no user replaceable parts in a PSU so a bad one should be disposed of in a responsible manner and any type of conclusive testing will need to be done by a suitably trained Tech who has the required testing equipment and the relevant knowledge as to how to use it.

my old card was no working so they replaced it !! this problem was wid the previous one n wid the new crd also!!

Typical signs of a bad PSU and overheating, high voltages also create high temperatures and in turn both will cause lock ups and artifacts in the graphics.

Would it be possible to test your video card and Ram in another computer.

gurminder

gurminder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i can check my video card in my friends pc my ram is ddr3 and no one is having dd3 supported motherboard
but as i said earlier that my video card is replaced by the service centre and the problem was there wid the previous one and is there wid the new one.... :(
i will make a video of what is really happening and will post a link of that so u can see :(
once an error came that memory dumb sometjing i can't remember that :)

Edited by gurminder, 24 March 2013 - 02:33 AM.