Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashed Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

kmmagoon

kmmagoon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an E Machines ET1331G-05W and I know that the internal hard drive has crashed, I back it up often to an external hard drive, so no information was lost. My question is what exactly do I need to fix my computer.

The message of course started out like: BOOTMGR MISSING PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart.
Then it goes on to say: CPUID:0F62h Stepping: 02h
L1 Cache: 256 KB L2 Cache: 2048 KB L3 Cache: N/A
Speed: 1.60 GHz Count: 2
Memory Clock: DDR2 800 MHz
Press DEL to run Setup
Press F12 for BBS POPUP
1 AMD North Bridge, Rev C2
NVMM ROM Version: 4.093.35
6144MB OK (256MB Sharded Memory Size Used)
Auto-Detecting SATA Port 1..IDE Hard Disk
Auto-Detecting SATA Port 2..ATAPI CDROM
Auto-Detecting SATA Port 4..IDE Hard Disk
SATA Port 1:ST3750528AS CC44 Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status BAD
SATA Port 2: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N MN01 Ultra DMA Mode-5
SATA Port 4: WDC WD2500AAJS-75B4A0 01.03A01 Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status OK
3rd Master Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, Backup and Replace
Press F1 to Resume

Would I be correct in purchasing a 500GB (or higher) SATA 3.0 GB\S 7200 RPM internal hard drive?

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hello

Your question... Would I be correct in purchasing a 500GB (or higher) SATA 3.0 GB\S 7200 RPM internal hard drive?

yes this should work as Sata 3 is suppose to be backwards compatible... i am assuming your PC has a little age on it..

There was a reference that these Sata 3 HDD's...consume a bit more power... If you do not store a lot of stuff than 500 gigs this may do,sometimes you can find a 1TB HDD at a good price...

Edited by Veeg, 21 March 2013 - 09:27 AM.