Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Every program on my computer is opening in skype.

• Please log in to reply

Me34

Me34

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I;m not sure if this is the right place to go for this, but I'm having ridiculous issues because EVERYTHING is trying to open in skype, unfortunately most programs aren't compatible with skype so it's just trying to video call google chrome. I have tried EVERYTHING I went through the whole of google looking for a way to fix it I swear and I can't find one...it looks like this:
Posted Image
I honestly have no idea what to do and it's unbelievably frustrating since I have important school-like projects due and I have no way of getting them done. Is there anyone in the universe that knows how to fix this problem? Without me losing all my files.

(I have tried to fix it, originally the program that everything opened in was GOM player, but then I deleted that so that maybe it would fix, but that didn't work, and I accidentally switched it to chrome, and then itunes, and now it's skype...)

Attached Thumbnails

• sdtfhu.png

Advertisements

chessgame

chessgame

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello me34 this is a link on how to change the default program for a specific file. http://pcsupport.abo...m-windows-7.htm this is for w7 as not sure what version of windows you are using.