Can't remove Charter Security Suite [Solved]
Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:52 PM
Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:53 AM
Welcome to Geeks to go!
My name is Donna and I'll be helping you to remove Charter Security from your computer.
Please be patient with me as I am currently in training, and all of my responses to you have to be reviewed by my instructor before I post them. Please keep in mind that you have the advantage, as you have 2 people examining your issue.
Please read this post completely before beginning the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.
Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:
- Please note that we are all volunteers. We do have families, careers, and other endeavors just as you do that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
- First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
- Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
- Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
- If you have the capability to print the instructions, please do so, some portion of this fix may have to be accomplished in safe mode or offline where you will be unable to follow my instructions online.
- If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
- Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
- If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you.
- Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time, your patience will be necessary.
Let's have a closer look here:
Please download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files and post them in your topic
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
- Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:34 PM
Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:28 PM
Anytime you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to start a new thread.
Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:08 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users