Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adware Generic5.WON.dropper

• Please log in to reply

tagi1

tagi1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

AVG has given me a warning a couple of times the last few days about the threat as mentioned in the title. I've had a thread similar to this one(i think that it was adware generic5.src) a few weeks ago but i followed a few tutorials on the internet like this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcjF1zqVkQ. I deleted the files that were mentioned and tried to fix the rootkits but i dont have much knowledge about rootkits and couldnt find(and delete) those files and perphaps that is because i dont know anything at all about rootkits. So I thought the virus was gone because the warnings dissappeared but now i get these warnings(Adware Generic5.WON.dropper)and i dont know what to do about it. Ive noticed that my laptop is slower than usual but i dont know if that has anything to do with it but i cant notice any other symptoms. I have to admit that i dont have much knowledge about these things and i hope that u can help me.

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
A belated welcome to Geeks2Go tagi1,

Please post back if you still need assistance, and we will take up from there.