Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with my PC booting up?

• Please log in to reply

d0ze

d0ze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am hoping someone can help me pinpoint the issue I'm having, I have never experienced this problem before.
I have a custom built PC running windows 7, It was built in 2007.

The other day it froze, to the point where not even the mouse arrow would move on the screen with no warnings or anything, for a solid five minutes, so I forced the shut down. When I started the computer a screen came up that says "windows error recovery"...
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause and I get two options
(I have made no new changes to the computer)

Launch startup repair
Launch windows normally

When I try to repair it tells me to put in the windows installation disc and repair, It gives me numerous errors of why it can't repair.

When I try to start windows normally, as the windows logo loads the computer automatically reboots at the same time every time and repeats the same process.

The error it gives me when it tells me to repair by inserting the windows installation disc is 0xc000000e

I have tried to run the computer in safe mode, and it also reboots automatically while trying to load windows.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday doze. Posted Image

If you can read this article, follow the steps then let us know the results, use the last known good configuration. > http://pcsupport.abo...n-windows-7.htm

d0ze

d0ze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, Unfortunately I did try that, and all of the other available options that I can get access to. Nothing seems to get me on windows for some reason

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello d0ze

While iammykyl is offline I will assist you until he returns.

Couple of questions if I may;
Has the HDD been making any odd noises or functioning slower leading up to this.
Do you have data on the HDD that you would like to try and secure.
Do you have a Windows 7 or system recovery disk, if a Windows 7 OS disk is it a full retail type, OEM type or a burned copy.

d0ze

d0ze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well, I actually just dropped the computer off at the shop, was getting impatient, I started to describe the issue to the tech and he basically finished my sentence and finished saying what I was going to tell him, so I should be all set.

to answer your questions as the problem is being solved..
there was no noises or anything suspicious. I literally don't have anything on the pc that is important enough to recover besides one notepad on the desktop containing the serial to windows 7 installation. I only have a windows 7 burned copy.
I will let you know what the tech says, so far I have found out anyone else that has come across this problem was able to fix it by simply repairing windows, or reinstalling a fresh copy of windows, and I am unable to do either, maybe because my windows installation disc is a burned copy.
Thank you for the prompt help, much appreciated. I will post back what the tech says as soon as I find out

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Hopefully your next update will be from the problem computer.