Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista won't boot

• Please log in to reply

hajiwon

hajiwon

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
I am using Sony Vaio CS, Windows Vista Home Edition. Right now it won't boot at all.
Sometime ago it started having the minidump blue screen and would restart the computer.
Now, it doesn't have that no more, but once i turn on the power button, the chkdsk screen appears.
After it deleted and, replaced, fix corrupted files, my computer only goes to a black page after the windows loading screen.

I tapped F8 key and tried all the options (safemode, last known config, etc.) none of the options work.
I tried repair computer, but it also didn't work after it restarted the computer.

I can only go on computer to retrieve files by using the linux puppy live disk. All my programs, doc, media are still there.

I made a recovery cd for Vista from my laptop awhile back and couldn't get into the recovery console, only the repair option. (Not sure if the CD is correctly, fully burned)
I don't have any system restore points or any backup image.

I don't know what happened to my computer all of a sudden. It seemed to get worse after the chkdsk. It deleted lots of files.

Please help me if you can. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I went into Vaio Recovery Center by tapping F10 on startup and did a complete system restore. Problem solved. Would you kindly close this thread. Thank you.

Edited by hajiwon, 26 March 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Advertisements