Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Event Name: Startup Repair Offline after booting off with ext

• Please log in to reply

fancywhat

fancywhat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer is a Dell Inspiron 570 Desktop The harddrive is a Samsung 1TB 8GB RAM

Problem Event Name: Startup Repair Offline Cannot be fixed automatically.
Problem Signature 01 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 02 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03 unknown
Problem Signature 04 0
Problem Signature 05 unknown
Problem Signature 06 1
Problem Signature 07 unknown
OS Version 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID 1033

The problem started after I connected a 1TB external HD to my PC so I could copy my harddrive to it. I booted off without disconnecting it. I haven't been able to connect to windows 7 since then. The message I get when trying to repair is above.
I now know that you should not boot off with an external harddrive (USB) of 500GB or above connected, but how do I fix this problem. I have searched the internet and cannot find an answer to this exact problem. I see similar problems with the same Problem Event Name: The Problem Signatures are all different than mine.

I am at my witts end. Don't want to be dramatic, but I really need help. I can't read another post that I don't understand and try to decipher if it is similar enough to my problem to try the fix. I did that for a full 24hours to get it fixed after the next thing I tell you.

Reason I was doing that was because I had a error message 2000-0146. I had finally got that fixed after working really hard for a full day with a repair disc. I was going to back up my hard drive so I could get a new hard drive and just put it on my new hard drive.

Advertisements