Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File corrutped error

• Please log in to reply

needsomehelpuk

needsomehelpuk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Im so new to this , please be gentle.

I recently was sent a File , i opened it and it was trying to open a Screensaver, i thought it was PDF , but failed to notice PDF.SCR at the end of the extension. Anyhow i manged to delete the file but everytime i resart my laptop i get message file corrupted error ( please see attached image 26-03-2013) i think its connected to SVC host, it seems to want to start but nothing happens. Just its very annoying and frustrating i have to close it. IT doesnt seem to affect my net or the rest of the laptop. Just this is an inconveinece and i dont like it popping up everytime i log on. what do i do to find this and get rid of the pop file corrupt message.

Win 7 , 64 bit

not sure what other info needed.

I dont have any restore points saved, i wish i did now. just can anyone advise how i get rid/prevent this message popping up ?

thanks

26-03-2013 02-38-48.jpg

Advertisements

needsomehelpuk

needsomehelpuk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey

please mods please delete this thread, i managed to fix the problem. Thanks