Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Processor confusion/questions?!

• Please log in to reply

RHA-Defiled

RHA-Defiled

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys, im new, but im looking into buying a computer for music production and some simple gaming. I know i need a good processor, lots of memory, and lots of storage. I'm looking into ASUS Essentio CM1745-04, Which has plenty of memory and hard drive space, but i have no clue how good the AMD A8-series Processor is compared to(what ive been told) the amazing Intel i7.
So my question is, does that processor work as fast as the i7, or do i have to spend the extra money for the i7. Also is ASUS a good option for music production?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
:welcome: RHA-Defiled

For your intended use an 8 core AMD or an i7 CPU would be overkill, these two types of processor are primarily used by people who render videos, 3D modelling, CAD professionals and games programers, if you have no intention of doing any of these go for an Intel i5 or an AMD quad core CPU.

Let us know your maximum budget and in which country you will be making the purchase and we will see what we can find/suggest.

RHA-Defiled

RHA-Defiled

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I would love to spend no more than 800, but could even do 900. USA, and also I will be running FL Studio and video editing software and games ranging from Runescape to DayZ. Just to give a sort of feel for what i'll use.

RHA-Defiled

RHA-Defiled

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Also i just need the tower
I have a monitor

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
Depending on the video editing software you use you may want to upgrade to 16GB of Ram http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883227458