Hello and Welcome
There are a number of options we can use in this situation. Firstly, please make sure you have the latest definition file: SE1R49 31.05.2005
We highly suggest doing a Disk Defragmentation and follow it with a thorough Check or Scan Disk, depending upon your version of Windows.You could try scanning in: Safe modeAnother option is to try a command line:
1. Click "Start" > select "Run" > type the text shown in bold below (including the quotation marks and with the same spacing as shown)"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnuke
Click OK.Please note that the path above is of the default installion location for Ad-aware SE, if this is different, please adjust it to the location that you have installed it to.
2. When the scan has completed, select Next.
3. In the Scanning Results window, select the "Scan Summary" tab.
4. Check the box next to each "target family" you wish to remove.
5. Click next, Click OK.If you still have a problem
, cancel BEFORE
the scan reaches the point of stalling -- say after 20 objects are detected
. Then click cancel and click on the logfile. Remove any objects you choose and rescan. Again stop the scan before it reaches the point of stalling and remove any additional objects. Then try a full scan without stopping it.
Please let us know how you make out and which option worked.
All the best