Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random disconnects

• Please log in to reply

michaelrush

michaelrush

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hi i just reformatted my computer... reinstalled windows xp...

and no i am expierencing problems whenever i load internet explorer and/or fire fox...

connect to aim, yahoo or outlook, i will get disconnected from the internet for a short period of time... about 10-15 seconds which means i cant use aim, yahoo, or outlook. let alone some of the online games i play....

ive ran CWShredder, Adaware SE, Spybot Search&Destroy, & Grisoft AntiVirus... ive cleaned all the spyware out on my comp but it still does come back randomly.......

i dont know what else there is to try.. i see everyone posting hijack this files but im not to sure on how to use that...

if this has happened to anyone before and they have fixed the problem please let me know what to do.. cause its really frustrating me... thanks -.-;

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This explains how to run Hijack This, save the log and how to copy and paste it

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

michaelrush

michaelrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well i feel rather stupid... running that was easy as slicing pie. thanks =) here is my log file...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:09:11 AM, on 6/7/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\omgwtfbbq\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WinStat - {F007E221-018D-4baf-924A-B0E9092F3853} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WinStat11.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wxzhmto] C:\WINDOWS\System32\wxzhmto.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.neededware.com
O16 - DPF: NDWCab - http://www.neededware.com/ndw2.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1118022919654
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe

if you can give me easy explanations if not.. complicated ones are fine to im sure ill figure it out :tazz:

thanks in advance.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will need to post the log in the malware section of these forums

http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

You will be given instructions which show the specific items to remove and how to remove them, if at any point you do not see what they mean, post back to them