Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Vista keeps installing sp1

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I reformatted my vista and now it keeps updating sp1. It says it is fine then in the next day or so it asks to install the update sp1. My computer had crashed so I had to get a new hard drive. I reinstalled the Vista but it doesn't seem to be working properly. It is an acer aspire M1610. The new hd is 500g and 2500 mg ram. 32 b it operating system.

ginnyjoe

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Did SP1 install okay? Open Control Panel / System and see what it says. Should look like this:

Vista+SP1.jpg

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
No,where yours shows service pack 1 mine shows nothing except the Upgrade windows vista.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Okay, so SP1 is not installing.

First thing you need to do is check the date and time on your computer, make sure it's correct.

Try downloading and installing SP1 from here: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

If that works, do the same for SP2 here: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone (KB948465)

If that doesn't work, follow directions here to download and run Vino's Event Viewer (VEW). Copy and paste the results that show in the notepad window (both times) into a reply here. See if we can figure out what is failing with the SP1 update.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Got the update from your link and it all downloaded perfectly. Thank you very much.

Edited by ginnyjoe, 30 March 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Glad to hear it, thanks for letting me know.