Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS G73 Notebook Crash

• Please log in to reply

dylanj91

dylanj91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have had my laptop for nearly 3 years (ASUS G73). The actual battery on the laptop is pretty much dead, lasting only about a minute when charged. The original battery adapter I had for my unit had broken so I purchased a universal Nexxtech one which I run at the 19.5v setting. My issue is primarily when I am running games on my unit. At first there will be a flicker on the screen, showing the ac mode and then battery mode toggle (although the actual adapter is not falling out as this is something that only happens during gaming). Following it doing this for about 2 minutes, the screen will go black and then the unit will shut down. I ran a RealTemp 3.70 to see whether or not it was a heating issue. The temperature seems to reach about 78 degrees celsius when playing the game but says this is still about 25 degrees celscius from the TJMax. I am curious is anyone has a possible solution or idea as to what the problem is?

Thanks for your time!

- Dylan

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: dylanj91

What you describe is typical of an overheating issue which is being accentuated when you are gaming due to the additional heat being generated by the CPU, video chip, HDD and the power source that is supplying the hardware as that is also being worked harder to meet the power requirements.

When if ever was the last time that the inside of the notebook was cleaned out of heat trapping dust.

I have included a link which shows how to clean a notebook the best that you can without a full dismantle of the notebook, it is for a HP product but it is very good and the principle exactly the same http://h10025.www1.h...product=3927423

Let us know if a clean out resolves the issue.

NB: I suggest that you do the clean out before doing any more gaming as the excessive heat is damaging your hardware.