Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop Hibernation

• Please log in to reply

Ebene

Ebene

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Every time I shut my laptop it goes into hibernation mode. Instead of going to my desktop and properties and adjusting things from there I have to use Toshiba Power Saver. I turn off hibernation but I don't know how to config it to not go into hibernation when I close.

Help?

Toshiba Satellite Series
Windows XP SP2
(Laptop)

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
You have to go into restart the computer and snap it into bios, it should mention which key to press to get into bios if you pay attention to its early boot far before the windows flash screen. Then once in their try to find the power options and which ever option says hibernation or sleep on it you should go to and switch to turn off... becareful not to touch the low power section caus that generally will protect any unsaved data. I may be off base on how your laptop is configured but if your willing to risk it that should hopefully clear up your bios. Your Choice. Beware. :tazz:

Ebene

Ebene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Nope, nothing in my BIOS about it...

Ebene

Ebene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Just fixed it.