Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help to improve my pc

• Please log in to reply

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
another question i have a viewsonic va1903wb monitor i must get a new monitor right?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

another question i have a viewsonic va1903wb monitor i must get a new monitor right?

Only if you want a bigger display or if there is a problem with the present one.

http://www.aria.co.u...ource=skinflint

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
there isn't a problem i'm ok with this one but it has vga connection and the gtx 660 does not have vga so how i could connect it sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm asking to learn so i don't do something wrong

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
You need a DVI to VGA adaptor such as http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B00006J4LS
This plugs into a DVI port on your card and then the VGA cable from the display plugs into the adaptor.
Please confirm that the cable from your screen does have the VGA type connection before making any purchase.

As an asides, there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask as many as you need to :thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you very much you helped me a lot

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
You are most welcome Jimklo :thumbsup:

You know where we are should you need us, let us know how your upgrades perform when you are up and running.

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
hello again i'll make a new pc and keep the other for my sister so my budget is around 1000 euros including monitor i would like to tell me a good build for that money also i'm thinking of getting an ssd for the new pc unless it doesn't worth it

Edited by Jimklol, 14 August 2013 - 09:58 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
I have recently purchased the following hardware see what you think.

I already had the display (here is a suggestion for you) and Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, do you already have an OS disk.

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
it looks a nice build i have set up one myself http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1sWc7 what do you think all these things they're costing ~1080€ in my country without os

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
A reasonable list of hardware but a couple of pointers for you are - if this is a gaming build pay a little more for a 24" screen, be careful of the large heat spreaders on the Ram and last but not least consider a different PSU, Corsair is my preferred brand of PSU but they do not appear to have got it quite right with the CX600 model as I have seen a number of reported failures, see the Newegg feedback tab for user reviews

Advertisements

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you for your reply is a 24" monitor a big difference? and if i would go with a gs 600 or tx 650 it would be ok?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
For basic office or course work a 21.5" screen is fine but for gaming don`t cheat yourself and opt for a 24" display.

The TX650 would be my choice of the two and this based on it`s proven reliability, the gaming series is also ok but does not have the same established track record that the TX does, both are over and above the PSU requirement that you need and with this in mind also consider This option, you are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you once again you helped me a lot

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
You are most welcome - any further questions please let us know :thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i changed the gpu,psu and monitor in my previous system what do you think http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1wno3