Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help to improve my pc

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

thank you for your reply i have another question if i get the second gtx 760 later and sli will the 4570 cause a bottleneck?
By the time anything comes along that requires a second GTX 760 in Sli mode video cards themselves will have advanced and there will most likely be a single video card available that is up to the task, the GTX 760 is also large and a single card takes up two slots - I have an Antec 900 V3 case and the GTX 760 only just clears the HDD on the opposite side of the case.

i want to ask you something about the psu you suggested thx cx750 i should go for that or pay a little more and go for the tx750 or for the xfx xxb9
The CX750 is fine but if you do change it the TX750 would be my choice.

Advertisements

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

By the time anything comes along that requires a second GTX 760 in Sli mode video cards themselves will have advanced and there will most likely be a single video card available that is up to the task, the GTX 760 is also large and a single card takes up two slots - I have an Antec 900 V3 case and the GTX 760 only just clears the HDD on the opposite side of the case.

so i still need to go with a 750w psu or with a smaller because of not sli another gtx 760 in the future but only buy a better graphics card?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
If you stick with a single GTX 760 a 550W or 600W PSU would be adequate, an improved version of the CX600 is the CX600M, see Here

Future video cards like the latest CPUs that are being released are likely to be less power hungry, if however there is any chance that you may go for Sli then purchase a 750W bronze rated PSU from the outset.

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

If you stick with a single GTX 760 a 550W or 600W PSU would be adequate, an improved version of the CX600 is the CX600M, see Here

Future video cards like the latest CPUs that are being released are likely to be less power hungry, if however there is any chance that you may go for Sli then purchase a 750W bronze rated PSU from the outset.

i think of getting a single 760 and stay with it until someone better is out and take another better card instead of a second 760 so i'll be fine with a 600w psu? or if i take the tx650 would be good

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
The CX600M is fine for your needs but if you are ok with spending more the TX650 V2 is the better performer.

CX600M review

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you for your answer i'll probably go with the cx600m is modular and i'll some money over the tx650 also i would like to ask you something for the motherboard if the motherboard have 3 fan headers that means that i can have only 3 case fans?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

if the motherboard have 3 fan headers that means that i can have only 3 case fans?

No, many case fans do not connect to the MBs fan headers as they have the molex type connection and are fed directly from the PSU, the case that I recently purchased has a rear chassis fan that does connect to a header on the MB but the other 3 fans connect to the PSU, this may have something to do with the size of the fans (1X200mm and 2X120mm) and the fact that they require more power.

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you for your answer and for all your time to answer all my questions i have a question about the os what i should go for?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit on all of my computers now and I must say I like it.

You are most welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you for your answer i'll go for it so my final build will be like this http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1V3yh

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
is this psu worth http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817207013 or not?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i'll go with this psu and a wd black instead of blue thank you for your answer