Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Continous Beeping noise! Please help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I built a computer recently and everything was working fine until I heard a continuos buzzing noise from the speaker on the motherboard. The only thing is that everything works fine.
I looked it up and a continous beep on a Gigabyte motherboard is supposed to mean that my video card is not working but it is working fine and I can run the OS like normal.
Here are the specs: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 motherboard and an ASUS GeForce GTX 660 graphics card.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Usually caused by a BIOS option for monitoring the fans as it thinks the fan speed is too low.
Should be able to turn this behaviour off in the BIOS.