Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows won't interface with hard drive

• Please log in to reply

thequantumguy01

thequantumguy01

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just built a computer and I am having trouble installing windows. I have a SSD hard drive (samsung 840 pro 128GB) and a Gigabyte motherboard. You can find the full specs here. I am trying to install windows 8 and when I get to the step of installing windows on a disk it says that it cannot locate an existing partition or create a new one. Even when I click format it gives the same message. I tried gparted and converted the disk to NTFS but no luck. The thing I am confused about is that Ubuntu will install fine. I have Ubuntu on my computer currently but I would really like to have windows. Please help.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
What exactly does it say on the windows disk that you have Quantum?

Did you alter the bios to have the optical drive as first boot option?