Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove Windows 7 in order to covert primary HD to secondary

• Please log in to reply

deosola

deosola

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like convert what is currently my primary HD to be my secondary HD. I would like to keep all the programs and the files in the 2nd HD but remove Windows 7 from it.

I may eventaully move a few programs to the new primary drive but would like for now to be able to run the programs off the secondary drive.

So how do I make my computer recognize that the programs are will be in the seconary drive and how do I remove Windows 7 from the soon to be secondary drive?

Terry

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hi Terry and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Once you install Windows 7 to a new HD and set the secondary HD on a connector that is not set in the bios as a primary boot option then the file path to c:/windows/program files will be lost and you will need to reinstall the executables.