Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't network

• Please log in to reply

robirdman

robirdman

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I posted before and got a reply that didn't address the issue. Then next time my posts were gone because of some change and I was advised to start over.
I have a laptop and a PC, They are both listed in a homegroup, I have put the same Windows assigned password into each.
When I am on the PC I can access the public folder on the laptop.
When I am on the laptop and I try to access the PC, it asks for a name and password that I never created.
I only have login passwords for when a computer first boots, and it is not that.
Both are Win7, and no one has been able to solve this problem.
I may have to resort to Microsoft if no one here either knows what is going on.

The previous reply said to create a Homegroup. Note that it says here, as in the deleted post, that it says they are in a homegroup and with the same Windows assigned password.

Advertisements