Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

What Photoshop do I need

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was having computer problems virus,slow running,ect any way I had the hard drive reformatted and lost my old Photoshop program.I am not sure what version it was thats where you come in. When I got my computer back the repair person added the compleat Photoshop progarm,I am not familiar with this version and am not able to use it the way I could the old program I had. The program I had would open with 2 choices organize and something else I never used the second so I am not sure what it was,after I would open the organize the photoshop would know when I had new pics and would load them into the program,after that there 5 choices to fix the pic.contrast ,brightness,and a few others, With this new program I cant figure out how to do any of this.If any one can tell me what program this is and if I can find it for free that would be great.I have a crappy phone camera that I used this program to fix the pics with. I know that this photoshop program is great and all but I have no use for any of that if I can find the other program,if there is a way to set this program up like the last one I had I would be happy with that I just need something that fixes pics like photoshop is easy to set up and use and free if possible. If you can help me out with the right name of the photoshop or a program that will do the same thing and also let me look at the pics at 1600 times the screen res like photoshop I would be a happy guy. I hope you dont need much info on my computer I am running windows 7 i3 intel chip asus 17in laptop. any other info you need please ask.

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Photoshop is a premium program and costs money. As stated in the Terms of Use, "The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally." I suggest that you review the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you signed up for the site. As a result, we will not be able to help you recover your old Photoshop program or obtain a free copy of any other Photoshop version. I would recommend in the future not to use P2P programs or obtain any software illegally because that is what often leads to you getting malware on your computer. This could have very well been why you got malware on your computer and it became slow in the first place.

Although I would suggest that you try out the program Gimp. It is free, easy to use, and does a good job with basic photo editing which seems what you want to do.