Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program Compatibility Assistant-Acer Aspire One

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
No worries we all have other things to take care of :thumbsup:

Not all computers are the same but for an Acer try restarting the computer and keep tapping either the Del or F2 key, you may need to restart the computer a couple of times before you are successful, let us know how you get on before changing anything there please.

Advertisements

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Are you still with me, Rage?
Bry

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Yep still here <_<

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Ok Rage... Del brings up “Windows Boot Management” ....F2 brings up the “Set Up Utility.”

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Select “Set Up Utility.” and make sure that a USB device is not set first in the boot order.

I may not be back online now until Saturday am UK time but will check back asap ( I`m a bit under the weather I`m afraid :( )

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Hey... take care, ok? My problem is a nuisance but not exactly imperative. Get some rest! I'll get back to you.
Bry

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Will do and thanks Bry :thumbsup:

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Hey Rage... hope you are feeling better. There's no hurry on this but I opened up the Boot Priority Order:
1 HDDO: WDC WD2500BPVT-222ESTO
2 ATAPI CDROM
3 USB FDD
4 Network Boot: Real tek PXE BOID00
5 USB HDD
6 USB CDROM

See anything here?
Bry

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
On the mend now Bry and thanks for asking :thumbsup:

Nothing in the BIOS that would explain this, can I just confirm that whether or not the notebook has an onboard DVD/CD drive, some do and some do not and this determines what the boot order should be set as.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Glad to hear you're feeling better... it's the weather, right?

No CD drive on the Acer... very small... very basic... nice for living on a boat!!!

Bry

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Cheers Bry and thanks for the update as well :thumbsup:

Yep the sun is out and it is almost the weekend :D

As I thought (no DVD/CD drive) the HDD being the first boot device is correct but the second device should either be
Network Boot: Real tek PXE BOID00 or the USB CDROM, this is in case you have problems with the HDD or the operating system on it, setting the second device as USB CDRom for example would let you repair or reinstall the OS from a disk and that is why I suggest the USB device as second in the boot order.

Let us know if you need help changing the boot sequence.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
It's gone, Rage... not sure how I did it but went to the Acer Support website and found a repair patch. Wasn't sure what it was but downloaded it. Maybe not the smartest thing to do but it seems to have solved the problem but now my Firefox browser is acting funny. I'll remove the software and re-install. Should be ok.

I'll also go back in and change the Boot Sequence as you recommend.

Thanks so much for your help with this and hopefully I won't have to bother you again.

And by now, I hope you are feeling 100%!!!

All best, thanks again...
Bry

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for the update Bry :thumbsup:

Computers and their associated software can be fickle and what gives you a headache one moment will be no problem the next, the unfortunate thing is you cannot log everything so that you have a clue as to what any problem may be :(

Feeling a lot better now Bry :D thank you for your kind words and for bearing with me while I was unable to reply :thumbsup:

You have been no bother whatsoever BTW as it has been a pleasure to assist and work with you on the issue :yes:

As ever you are most welcome and if we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Hey... hope you're well! Thanks so much for your help. The Geeks are Great. Re-loaded my Firefox and it's working again. Everything's good... touch wood!

Take care... until the next problem...
All best,
Bry

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for the follow up Bry and happy to hear that all is well :thumbsup:

You don`t need to have computer problems in order to visit the forums so hopefully we will see you back - any PC issues though.

Good luck :thumbsup: