Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My New USB- CD-DVD-R +Error CD-DVD-R +DVD-RW

• Please log in to reply

DashaSelwyn

DashaSelwyn

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi I just bought a "Dunno the Brand" :blush: New Combo USB-CD-DVD-R+DVD-RW External the Old one @Drive D:\\was internal DVD/CD-R+CD-RW on my Dell 2400 PC

I have a couple of questions please, Firstly' I received two USB connections in the Box, one is a USB to round Female Pi type Plug and the Other is USB to what looks like a "Printer Female Connector so I plugged each in separately and got the flashing light then together into the USB ports on the front of my PC I got a Flashing Light and was able to open and insert a DVD movie.
The First question Is do both Leads have to be connected for this device to work if not' which one do I use
I manged to find under My Comp >DVD-CD- Rom Drive D (that's the old D Drive. Then I had DVD-Ram Drive I Below it and I had Pop up signs saying "this devise has Malfunctioned etc" and new Hardware installed (See 2 Attachments) Can you please help with the installation of this for me it is supposed to Rip + Burn CD and Play Rip and Burn DVD's but I don't know how to install it correctly any help please :help: Cheers Dasha

Attached Thumbnails

• USB-CD-DVD+R+RW.jpg
  • Error CD-DVD-R +DVD-RW.jpg

Edited by DashaSelwyn, 03 April 2013 - 03:31 AM.

Advertisements