Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what the f.....?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ksoup

ksoup

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hi all,
i'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but it doesn't go anywhere else, so...

i have a problem with my internet reception. i'm now pretty sure that it is at the ISP end and that to 'fix' the problem i simply need to change companies, that is only to obvious.

what i want to know is why this is happening at all...

it began around three weeks ago. i can connect to the ISP no worries. from there i get no joy, i can open firefox but then get no further. i can start a torrent and it just sits there waiting to log in, or it logs in and then sits there and won't connect to any seeds or peers.
when i check the ISP connection there is no problem, all green lights.
however, when the signal shows 98% strength, i get no info in up or download, and other times when the signal shows 0%, i can get up to 2Mbps in download, but that can drop out at any time and show 0.00/ 0.00 again.
if i leave the connection open (for up to 6 days solid!!) the signal works in fits and starts, but spends more time at 0.00 than working. it's really frustrating to see 10-12 seeds connected but not getting any action...
to make matters worse, a friend who lives 2 street over from me uses the same ISP and package and has never had any problems...

any thoughts?

thanks, ksoup

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I would politely suggest Ksoup that you peruse the Terms of Use at Geeks To Go with regard to section q located here which states...

We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

ksoup

ksoup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
oh, well that's that sketch knackered then...

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
I would like to politely add to what Wolfeymole said -
If you keep downloading torrents, you will most likely be spending some quality time with us in the Malware Removal Forum. Not that we mind you visiting us there, but we would rather not see you with any malware problems.:)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Since there's no further help that can be offered with this topic, I'm closing it.