06.06.2005 - The list of improvements of the new jv16 PowerTools 2005
The following improvements will be present in the next version of jv16 PowerTools 2005.
* A new tool called Software Manager combines the features of the Registry Manager's Installed Software list and the Add/Remove list. Click here for an early stage screenshot. The Software Manager also contains the so called Custom Remove Software feature which was present in the jv16 PowerTools 1.4.1. However, the implementation of the Custom Remove Software is now far superior to the one in the previous version.
* A new tool called File Organizer allows you to organize hundreds of files to their own subdirectories. The feature uses artificial intelligence to decide what files should be grouped under the same subdirectory.
* Enhanced the Duplicate Finder in a way it can now also search for semi-duplicate files. You can define if you wish to find files with 100% identical contents as before, but also files with for example 90% identical contents. This feature was designed for finding duplicate files from movie, picture or music collections where the contents might not always be 100% identical.
* Added a feature called Preference Saving to Registry Cleaner, Registry Finder, Registry Find and Replace, File Finder and File Cleaner. The feature allows you to save your current settings and later quickly load them back, this helps you if you are doing many similar searches e.g. with the File Finder in a row. Please, click here to see a screenshot.
* The age and comment systems are now back in the jv16 PowerTools. The age system allows you to easily see which items have been added since you last used the program, the comment system allows you to write comments on each item.
* Added support for registry key abbreviation. If you want, you can see the registry paths of e.g. the Registry Cleaner in their full form (e.g. "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\") in a compact form (e.g. "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\") or in a short form (e.g. "HKCU\Soft\MSoft\Win\".
* All the main windows are now resizable.
* Added new simpler ways to remove files with the Automation Tool
* Improved the text wrapping of the Main Window and its hints.
* Fixed a bug that could have caused the product to prompt for updating of the file cache every time you started the program
* Fixed many memory leak problems, for example in the Artificial Intelligence search mode
* Fixed many small interface bugs
* Fixed a performance issue from the File Tool. It extracted the required information (e.g. the file dates or checksums) all over again for the same files, now it only extracts the required information once per file. This issue could have caused problems only if you were working with very large files.
* Fixed a bug from the File Tool that caused it to calculate incorrect MD5 checksums. The calculated MD5 checksums were in fact CRC-32 checksums. The SHA1 calculations worked correctly.
Please do note that this list is still preliminary, other new features might still be included.
The updated version is, of course, free for the current license owners of jv16 PowerTools 2005. The beta testing phase is expected to start within a week.
If you wish to follow the development of the new version you may be interested to read the developer's blog. It also contains more unofficial screenshots of the upcoming version.
jv16 Power Tools - Upcoming Features
Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:02 PM
Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:32 PM
The first beta version of the new jv16 PowerTools 2005 released.
The list of improvements can be found from:
Some release notes:
- The partial match of the Duplicate Finder is still very slow, it will be optimized before the final release.
- This release still contains some known bugs reported to us but not yet fixed, most of them are already fixed but some are still there. They will be fixed before the final version is released.
For you to compare, there are two old English translations available.
The English.lng of the current version of jv16 PowerTools 2005 (126.96.36.1998):
The English.lng of the very first version of jv16 PowerTools 2005:
The download url of the beta version itself is:
Please send all your reports and comments to: [email protected]
or to: http://www.macecraft...opic.php?p=1036
This is still a very much beta stage software. Use it only for testing!
Best reports are rewarded with free licenses. The free licenses will be sent out soon after the public release of the final version.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users