Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SD says it Blank it my Device, and Says it needs to be formatted?

• Please log in to reply

Aukake

Aukake

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I just used my SD card today. Put some movies on it and watched it. Then came home to put more stuff on it and when i put it in my pc it says need to be formatted. So i tried just putting it back in my device to not worry about it right now. It now says its blank! I try putting it back in my pc to format it. And my option is only giving me 30.1mb when the card is 32gb. Anyway i can restore my card?? Had lots of pictures, movies, and games stored on it.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
USB memory sticks can be fragile, SD cards are even worse.

For the price they are these days Aukake I suggest obtaining a new USB stick rather than another SD card.

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Well the card goes in my galaxy tab. So i watch things when im out and bored or flying.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Oh I see, we are talking about a micro SD card yes which then goes into an SD card adaptor if you want to insert it into your pc yes?

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Yes, Sorry for not being more specific. at this point i just want to format it again so i can use it, but it wont format. No matter what program i use or try to do to format it. it says its 30.1mb when its 32gb i mainly just want to be able to use it again.

Edited by Aukake, 05 April 2013 - 12:17 PM.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
It may well be that the Micro SD card is fine and the connector strips on the SD adaptor are faulty.

Have you tried any other adaptors with the Micro card?

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
The micro goes in my tab by itself and when i put it in. Says blank sd card.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok

Then it's reasonable to assume the Micro SD card is faulty and that it's time for a new one.