Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems loading complete web pages [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
eh booted up real quick and nice... seems to be doing good :tazz: Everything lookin fine i Guess??

Hey here in a lil bit (30 minutes) check your Paypal Account ;) hehe Finnaly!!!!!! i been scared to make an account but the guys mom's computer you just help fix already has an account SO ;)

So i guess the computer is lookin good? I guess im gonna go get AVG and ZoneAlarms now And tighten this puppy up :tazz: (bout to install Spywareblaster too) Any more suggestions on finishing up?

think we are gonna remove a few more out of the 04's .......

Any others that you think we would not need or can get to from another place ?

Edited by retrac, 07 June 2005 - 11:42 PM.

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
The computer is looking great! :tazz:

If you want to remove more 04s that's fine with me, just make sure you don't need them first because I already suggested the ones that are not needed. ItunesHelper will re-enable itself no matter what you do to it lol

Anyway, can I recommend a different firewall to test out?
Sygate or Kerio

You may decide you like one of these better...Don't forget to disable Windows Firewall because you do not want to run more than one! You can disable it by going to Start > Run type:

firewall.cpl

Click OK, then turn it off.

My other recommendations:

Detect and Remove Programs:
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
Prevention Programs:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Well, thank you! That's very sweet, you did not have to do that ;)

Edited by bananafanafo, 07 June 2005 - 11:52 PM.

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Cool Thank You so Much Bananafanfo !!!! Think my parents are gonna ask me here soon to fix theres HeHe ( ive created a Monster ) Well we are gonna read into all the 04's very well and decide before deleting any

Thanks again

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
lol OK ;) I'm glad you like us so well to return here ;)

You're very welcome! :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.