The computer is looking great!
If you want to remove more 04s that's fine with me, just make sure you don't need them first because I already suggested the ones that are not needed. ItunesHelper will re-enable itself no matter what you do to it lol
Anyway, can I recommend a different firewall to test out? Sygate
You may decide you like one of these better...Don't forget to disable Windows Firewall because you do not want to run more than one! You can disable it by going to Start > Run type:firewall.cpl
Click OK, then turn it off.
My other recommendations:
Detect and Remove Programs:
- How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
- How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
- Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Well, thank you! That's very sweet, you did not have to do that
Edited by bananafanafo, 07 June 2005 - 11:52 PM.