Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIGFIX.exe

• Please log in to reply

Steinman

Steinman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A friend of mine suggested that BIGFIX.exe is the bees knees etc etc & that I should install it. I have done some reading about it, but as I have all my progs with net access on auto update do I really to install it? <_<

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I have bigfix on my pc, and the main thing I've seen it do is check for windows updates and alert you of them and show the updates to you with a description. There's been a few instances where something critical had happened, and I let the program fix it, but it was purely out of curiosity to see if it would work. So to answer your question, It does not seem like anything special, but didn't hurt me to have around. Personally I have it turned off.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Welcome to GTG Steinman <_<

You don't need this program. Just get automatic updates. There is an available update through Windows Update that turns automatic updates for you. I believe it's under the optional updates page.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I've personally tested BigFix. It keeps all your software updated, not just Windows. It's a bit of a resource hog, but a useful tool. <_<

If you don't want to be bothered with applying the latest patches for your software, this program may be for you.