Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Movie Maker--EXPERT HELP NEEDED!

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thank you for reading my report. I needed to download a movie that I have created ready for editing using a Sony Camcorder, so I decided to use Windows Movie Maker. However, when I attempted to download a "collection" into the file, the USB port into which I plugged the cord hooked up to the camcorder did not show up as an available resource for "collections". After maneuvering through help files, I came to the conclusion that I did not have the proper "driver" installed. I also purchased the camera without a manufacturer installation disk. Where would I find this "driver"? How do I download the video onto Windows Movie Maker so that I may edit it? Please help...

Thanks In Advance,
:tazz: Gared ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You need to post the model number of the camcorder

You can also look here to see what is required

http://www.windowsmo...ms/Default.aspx

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
The model number is DCR-TRV240.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
DCR-TRV240 driver here

http://www.css.ap.so...tegory=Handycam

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Uhh... I assume that resolved your problem but i thought i would just throw in one little note for you and others, it helps to make sure that the usb slot you plug into not only has its drivers in system folder, but that its hooked up into the motherboard... for some reason one set of my usb ports arent hooked up... i dont know how it occured but its somethignh to keep in mind when other options dont quite seem to work :tazz: