Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC running slow and sluggish

• Please log in to reply

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Have you been inside the machine to give it a good clean out with compressed air or for any other reason at some point?

Are these internal optical drives or external?

Advertisements

scottydog1

scottydog1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
They are internal. I'll open it up and give it a clean and check the connectors

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Please do Scotty and let us know mate. :thumbsup:

Obviously make sure the machine is turned off and left for 10 minutes or more before you do.

That sounds nuts to mention I know as it should be common sense but the thing about common sense is that it's not common.

scottydog1

scottydog1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I will do. Cheers for all your advice maye

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You're welcome Scotty. :thumbsup:

scottydog1

scottydog1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
HI, All cleaned and checked. Still the same. Went into device and manager and the drives come up, but with a yellow exclamation mark. Tried to update the driver and it does successfully, but still doesn't show them.
Also what's the best way to check my pc and speed it up. Either with a program or other methods.
Cheers

Scott

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
So you are saying there are no exclamations marks in Device Manager now?

Please post a screen shot of Device Manager anyway.

scottydog1

scottydog1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, Wolfey
Been away for a few days. There are exclamation marks on the CD?DVD drives in Device Manager. How do I take a screen shot ?

Cheers
Scotty

Ape-x

Ape-x

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
You can take a screenshot by pressing the 'print screen' button usually located in the top right corner of your keyboard. Open up Paint and press Ctrl+V (hold ctrl and V at the same time) and then save the file a a jpeg. I upload pictures by going to Imgur.com and clicking the 'computer' tab in the top right corner, then uploading the image. When that's uploaded you will see some options on the right with different links, you want to copy the text (highlight it and press ctrl+c) which says 'Linked BBCode (message boards)' and copy it into a reply text here (ctrl+v).

Edited by Ape-x, 26 April 2013 - 04:04 AM.