Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Worst version of Windows?

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Worst version of Windows?

What is the worst version of Windows?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
What do you guys think is the worst version of Windows ever released? I have in my poll put from I can tell are the three most hated versions of Windows. Now I would say my vote is for Windows 8, almost entirely due to the inclusion of Metro UI on a PC OS. While Metro UI might be ok for a tablet or SmartPhone it fails on a PC. Not only do users hate it but so do Software developers. Considering how much people hated Vista, consider that the adaptation rates for WIndows 8 are below those of Vista at this point in its own lifetime. Since the launch of Windows 8 PC sales have fallen, PCs with Windows 8 are sitting on store shelves unsold, because people don't want Metro UI on there computer. Lets just hope Microsoft cuts there losses and pulls the plug on Metro.

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I would Vista first and then Windows 8......

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Vista in my opinion. Lots of stuffs in it that makes it the worst for me. But they did a great job fixing most of the problems in W7. Now W8 is a flop so hopefully W9 will fix things up.

N-R

N-R

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
HI :)
For me it's got to be Vista as it seems so slow and so many problems and ohh so many updates you have to do if you reinstall it. Bill Gates the full refund + a Holiday for compensation for all the problems I've had with vista would be most appreciated.

Cheers
N-R

Edited by N-R, 24 April 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Therion

Therion

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Windows 8.

I used Vista for a year and a half before upgrading to Windows 7 just because there seemed to be no difference and I got given a copy of 7 free from a friend who had a run of bad luck regarding his store-bought PC's.

Honestly, if I didn't know that PC game support for vista would probably go out the window a few years earlier than 7 I would have switched back after trying both. Once you disabled UAC I didn't notice any functional difference between the two OS.

In saying that, if I wanted to play with bright shiny blocks and touch everything with my fingers I would go back to kindergarten. Windows 8 is the worst if only because it seems to be trying to desperately chase after the OSX market, forgetting that being your own thing is okay too.

Railfiretech

Railfiretech

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Windows ME was an absolute abomination and should have been aborted on the drawing table. I don't know if a lot here were old enough to really get into it and you should be thankful. Vista was a turd as well but Windows ME makes it look like a shiny turd by comparison.

Edit: If you really want to know the absolute worst that is not on this list it would have to be Microsoft DOS 4.01, if anyone here is old enough to have really gotten into that than I am sure they will agree. I would rather get my teeth extracted by a chainsaw than ever get within a mile of that version.

Edited by Railfiretech, 27 April 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Also one had to be pretty imaginative when naming files in Windows 3.1 with its 8 digit/character limitation.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
My Dad uses Vista and I think it isn't so bad. The new design in Windows 8 is very bad! :angry: My Dad is fascinated about Vista and Windows8 is only good for tablets. Not for Desktop PCs. I wait for the next windows. :whistling:
-Gerrit

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Hopefully when MS releases Windows 9 they get rid of Metro UI on PC.

Edited by RebelGamer137, 30 April 2013 - 12:49 PM.

odyy

odyy

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
ME by far. I knew only one person who ever used it, and when I used it, I felt dirty on the inside, as if committing a sin.

Advertisements

Psilocybin_Rain

Psilocybin_Rain

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
This was a toss up between Windows ME, and Windows 8 for me. Luckily I got to play with 8 on a computer at the store and decided it wasn't for me. ME on the other hand, I actually bought ME on the day it was released....and got rid of it that very day.

ionamartin123

ionamartin123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'll say Windows vista first and I differ from majority opinion about win 8. It's new and we'll have to give it some more time and see.

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Vista wins hands down for me as it's got so many updates if you have to install it. It also has had so many problems for me 1 head ache after another, I now use windows 7, it's a peach not an eels flippa like Vista.

So I Vote Vista gets it. Grab ya pitch forks....

Anarchy

Anarchy

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Definitely Windows Vista, it's garbage

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
If you have noticed the trend, every other one is bad and every other one is good.

My favorite is xp, followed by win 7