Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best drive Clone/Backup software. for Win 7

• Please log in to reply

DigitalWindow

DigitalWindow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,

I have been searching for about a month for a reliable program to backup my system, data and clone my drive.
I had Acronis 2009 a long time ago but it doesn't work with win7 and acronis 2013 has a lot of bad reviews. It seems everything I research has bad reviews. Even Ghost has bad reviews.
I don't mind spending money on the software as long as it isn't full of bugs and works reliably.
I also prefer a program that saves the data exactly the way it looks in the windows tree. I really don't like backup files that have to be opened by their parent program.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm using Acronis 2013 on Windows 8 and it works fine, no problems at all. The backup layout is identical to the source so it's simple to find specific files or folders.

Macrium Reflect Free is also good.