Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cloud Storage for a small business

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I run a small business (property management company) and I am currently looking to get rid of my small business server and go onto the cloud as I now have a second office. However, I am not sure which company is best suited or what kind of price I should be paying? The things I store are Word, Excel, Publisher documents, pictures and PDF's (contracts). I would like it to work as close to a normal Windows folder/file set up as possible but also be sure that everything is safe and secure. if anyone could help with what kind of price I should be paying or recommendations for which company to look over that would be great. I currently need about 60GB of space for my current files (this is the amount of space I have used over the past two years)

Any help would be appreciated!

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,490 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! :D

I'd look at Microsoft Skydrive. You can integrate seamlessly with your file system. It comes with 7GB free, so you can try it for free. Here are the upgrade options. Currently 57GB would cost $25/year, 107GB, $50/year.

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Some other services you could try are:-

1) Google's Drive. They have a complete suite of applications for business.

2) Dropbox.
It comes with 2 gb free and on sharing with people and installing it on different computers you can increase your space, max to 16 gb per account.

3) Cubby. It has a few more features than dropbox and the starting account gives you 5 gb free.

I suggest you give cubby a try as it has some interesting features like unlimited versioning!

If you are looking for something specific, maybe you can give us more details, otherwise for what you have mentioned these will more than fulfil your requirements!