Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help please on choosing my device...

• Please log in to reply

kateisgreat

kateisgreat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need advice on what is the best thing for me to purchase to use in conjunction with my projector to watch TV. I am currently using my ex boyfriend's PS3 for this, but he wants it back so I need to get something else. I want to spend as little money as possible and need either a smart box, a smart blu-ray player, or a tablet (I think). I want a USB connection on the device, and I will mostly use it for iPlayer, Love film, Netflix and 4OD.

I have a Google Nexus 7 but it has no video output so can't use as a TV and connect to the projector (shame on google). I'm comfortable using any of these devices I think, but am overwhelmed by the variety, and also by the lack of specs on many websites selling them.

Please help...

Advertisements

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
I would recommend getting something like this Google TV Box.

It has wifi, ethernet, USB ports and HDMI out. As it has android on it you can get full access to google play, so you can download iplayer, netflix, 4od apps etc... also browse the internet on it. Not a bad price either.

Edited by Jayzeee, 30 June 2013 - 06:17 AM.