Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alienware screen turns off randomly and takes along time to turn on

• Please log in to reply

LiliaJ

LiliaJ

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Received a new Alienware laptop last week, with a 2GB nvidia geforce GTX 675M graphics card. Worked fine for the first week. The problem is the screen started shutting off for maybe 10 to 15 seconds every half hour or so. Today when I turned it on everything worked fine but screen didn't come on, so I plugged in another monitor to it (which worked fine) after about 15 minutes laptops screen finally turned on. Worked on it for 4 hours and no problems. When I got home turned it on and same problem as earlier, after about 15 minutes the screen worked fine. I've downloaded the latest drivers but other then that I've no idea as to what might be causing the problem or how to fix it. I would like to hear if anyone else has had a problem like this or any suggestions on what's causing it or how to fix it, thank you.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IMHO since you just bought it I would say it is a hardware issue. Since it is new your warranty should cover the repair work needed. That would be the first direction you take as anything we suggest as far as taking the system apart would result in your warranty being broken.