Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PROXY

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Robert099

Robert099

• Pip
  • 6 posts
How to know if there's a proxy preventing you to access a specific webpage? Any cmd command!!..ping or trace...

Thanks in advice

Advertisements

Robert099

Robert099

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The Proxy referred to the Network Administrator

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
What is the address that you are trying to look at?

Robert099

Robert099

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey Wolfeymole,, thanks for your quick reply!!

any address.. google for example

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here Robert.

If you are saying that you can't access any urls then you may be on an Intranet controlled by a systems administrator so as to prevent outside access.

Robert099

Robert099

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yea you're right... I’m controlled by a system administrator.. but how to insure that?
listen... I got a new job (Lab assistant)and I'm responsible about 30 computers connected of same DNS & gateway..
the lab administrator (who can access the Internet Server of our institution & modify it) is looking to me as a competitor and I’m facing a lot of problems with him..
once, suddenly all the computers except one stopped accessing the inbox of live.com ; you can sign in to your mail, see your inbox too but as a read only..can't enter a specific mail to read its content.. the page stop here even that if you do a refresh or scroll down up..nothing goes more... so he told me to fix that problem. I started doing update for java, browser trying another browser, reset for the browser settings and nothing fixed!! until I replaced the IP of comp A (the only one that can access the inbox) with comp B (cant access as the rest) it worked :D so I started doing the same thing (just trying and replacing the old IP) to the others and it worked too!! that means he put a proxy for these IPs... am i right or not!! but the disaster is when I told him it's a proxy he said "NO, THERE'S NO SUCH PROXY HERE" (for sure I didn’t tell him about replacing the IP coz I’ll be fired lol)
Now, in those last days other problem similar to that had appeared.. you can access the google.com alllll its tools EXCEPT the gmail,, you can’t even see the login page..only white page and loading..
btw i tried to enter those free web proxy pages and check either if I can access the gmail or the mail.live and it goes 100% but you know they are'nt secured (didn't tell him about this too :D :D :D)
For that I’m asking how to insure that this web pages are on proxy
just wanna inform you about something.. if any webpage is denied by him, if you tried to surf it you'll get a message saying that ISA SERVER denied this page or forbidden, and I’m not getting this message when i try the gmail or the other
First: Reallllly Mannnny Maaannnny thanks for your help
Second: sorry for my bad English
Robert

Edited by Robert099, 09 April 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
If the Lab Administrator is the Systems Administrator also then we really can not offer any advice that will circumvent his authority as a systems administrator just because you two can't get on.

Sorry.

The thread is closed.