Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Virus, adware, spyware help [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a lot of problems removing a virus from my computer.
I have Norton 2005, Spyware, Ad-Aware, Ewido, As-Watch, Process Guard, and Shredder installed. (I recently spent a great deal of money having my computer repaired because of several viruses/trojans - so, I am over-protective now.)
Norton discovered 180sainstaller.exe and can not delete it. I have run the other programs and they do not detect it. I tried to see where it was attached and the best I could find was c:/ - documents & settings - V. Brown - local...
But - it doesn't appear there.
I would not be overly concerned with it but my computer is having a few issues and I think this may be the/or part of the problem.

Current pc problems (By the way it is a Dell Dimension 4400 with XP)
1. Internet explorer settings are way off - I have tried to fix them but the more I change things the worse it gets. I can not access secure sites. Every now and them I change something and it will allow me access to all sites but only for about an hour or so. I get the message DSN error - page can not be displayed.
2. I can not restore my computer to a previous setting. I try and it looks like it is working but then when it reboots it says that it was unable to complete the operation.
3. Proxy settings/IP address are messed up and prevent me from using Opera, Advanced, or IE.

Do you have any suggestions? I have called AOL and Dell but they can't help.

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Sorry for the late reply. It's been really packed here.

If you still need help, please read the first link in my signature and follow the steps there. When ready post your HijackThis log here. I will help you with that log.

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.