Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Screen fades away

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I have this laptop that when it's turned on after a certain amount of time all of a sudden horizontal lines start to appear on the screen and the picture starts to fade away until it goes white.
It's a mini laptop, about 2 years old and I assume the guaranty has ran out.

I am able to use a different laptop for the time being, but I would much appreciate it if someone can help me solve this problem.

Mini laptop info: (from the stickers on the front LOL)
Intel Atom N570 CPU Dual Core
Eee PC Seashell
Windows 7 Starter

Thanks, ColonelSAS.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,724 posts
Hello colonelsas

The inverter which controls the power supply to the netbook display may need replacing which is a task best left to a suitably qualified/competent person.

To rule out other possible causes can you try connecting the netbook to an external display by way of the VGA port to see if the issue is also present there.

NB: You may need to press the FN and one of the F1 to F12 keys to toggle between the two screens.

Let us know how it goes.