Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD KB2823324 windows update

• Please log in to reply

EdioIlha

EdioIlha

• PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Hi there fellows

There is a problem with an Update (KB2823324) that Microsoft releases this April 09 2013, that could make the System unbootable.

From a recovery console run this command:
dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

I did not test this procedure yet, so please use at your own risk

The article here:
http://support.micro....com/kb/2823324

Affected systems is 32bit:

How to recovery console:
http://www.bleepingc...command-prompt/

I hope this helps

Best Regards EdioIlha

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Excellent, did not know about that DISM parameter. I wanted to know more about it so did a bit of searching and found this:

Method 2. Using DISM to Revert Pending Actions

When you encounter such a no-boot scenario on Windows 7, and System Restore does not return you to a working state, consider the following steps:

1. If system restore does not return you to a working configuration, try using the DISM command to see what update is in a problem state:
dism.exe /image:d:\ /get-packages

2. When you run this command, you should see one or more packages listed in a Pending state. Check for known issues with the particular update or package. There may be a more direct workaround.

3. If you are unable to find another solution, use the /cleanup-image switch with DISM to revert the pending actions:

dism.exe /image:d:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

4. Once this is complete, try starting the PC into Windows.

5. If Windows starts successfully, check for other issues on the computer – disk issues, memory issues, etc. You may need to perform an in-place reinstall to repair problems with the Windows installation to prevent similar issues in the future.

Posted by John Cena here: http://social.techne...4-e3b45196cf00/

EdioIlha

EdioIlha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
hey there Ztruker!! :thumbsup:

Thats very nice to know I posted something useful, as I'm only absorbing information from all of the teachers here at G2G.
I'm so glad to be part of this team, and I hope very soon to participate more as a malware trusted helper!!

Thank you for complementing the information for future reference!

I really appreciate that!!

Best regards EdioIlha